Setting up clients in LivePlan is is a two-step process. The first step is to create a business plan for your client to work on (create a company). The second step is to invite the client to access their company through your account (add a Contributor). Use the guide below to make sure that things are set up correctly:
- After logging into the LivePlan site license account for your organization, in the left-hand sidebar menu, click on the company drop-down, and then click View all companies:
This will take you to a page where you’ll name the company, set the starting forecast settings, and decide which users should have access to the plan. Make sure to click the “Create Company” icon in the top-right to complete the company setup
- After you have created the company (you may decide to use the name of your client for their company name; you can change this name later), on the left of the LivePlan screen, click “Invite Users”:
- Click “Add a Contributor”. An overlay will appear where you enter the email address for your client (so that they will receive an invitation to sign-in)
- On that screen, you should ONLY check the following boxes:
a. See actual financial results
b. Give them access to the company that you created for them
DO NOT give the client access to “Create and manage companies” or “Add and manage users”
c. Then click “Send Invitation”
d. The contributor will receive an email invitation containing a link to your LivePlan account. LivePlan also immediately displays the link for you, so you can copy and paste it into your own email or direct message to the person.
- Once the contributor clicks the link and creates login credentials, access will be granted and the person will be added to your list of users.
When your client is finished in LivePlan, make sure to archive their plan, which will free up that seat for another client to use.
a. At the top of your LivePlan window, click on the name of your current active company. Next, click View all companies:
b. Under the desired company, click the Archive link:
Help Center Resources
Find additional information in our Help Center articles:
Setting up a new company
Adding and removing contributors and guests
Verifying whether an SBDC user invitation was received
How do I accept a LivePlan contributor or guest invitation?
Information on how to add, set up, and organize companies within LivePlan.
Creating and Managing Companies
Setting up a new company
Managing your companies
How to add and manage users within LivePlan
Collaborating with Others
Videos and articles that will help you get oriented with LivePlan -- and determine the right starting point.
LivePlan Getting Started Guide
Getting Started videos - video introductions for each section of LivePlan
- Click here to visit our LivePlan Help Center.
- Our customer advocacy team is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm Pacific Time. Click here to reach support.
Additional resources for starting a plan
- Information you may need to start your plan
- Finding Your Way Around LivePlan
- Bplans.com Business Planning Guide
- Article - "Advisory Support for Your Small Business Clients: Bplans.com"