Posting Forecast Notes
Account owners, contributors, and guests can all post notes in the Forecast tab, on any item in the forecast, making it easy to explain forecast assumptions and to share ideas between different team members.
Forecast notes are only displayed within the LivePlan application; they will not appear in the downloaded plan document or show up in the print preview.
To post a note:
- Mouse over the forecast item where you'd like to place a note and click the Notes icon:
- The Notes sidebar will appear along the right side of your LivePlan window. Once the note is complete, click the green arrow to save:
A yellow triangle in the top-right corner of the forecast item indicates that there are notes for that item. Click the triangle to view any notes for that item:
The name of the forecast item containing the notes is displayed at the top of the Notes sidebar. Click the "X" next to the name of the forecast item in the Notes sidebar to view all forecast notes:
When all notes are displayed, clicking on the note location will show only notes for that forecast item:
Forecast notes can also be viewed by clicking the Notes icon, located near the top-right of your LivePlan window:
Editing a note
All users can edit their own notes. LivePlan account owners can edit the notes of others. Company creators (contributors with the permission to Create and Manage companies) that create a new company will also be able to edit the notes of others.
To edit a note:
- In the Forecast tab, bring up the Notes sidebar by clicking the Note icon near the top-right of your LivePlan window or by clicking on the yellow note indicator in the forecast item:
- Click the three vertical dots next to the note that you wish to edit, then select Edit:
- Make any desired changes to the note.
- Click the Save button:
Deleting a note
As with editing, all users can delete their own forecast notes. Only LivePlan account owners and company creators can delete the forecast notes of others.
To delete a note:
- In the Forecast tab, bring up the Notes sidebar by clicking the Note icon near the top-right your LivePlan window or by clicking on the yellow note indicator in the forecast item:
- Select Delete:
- In the overlay that appears, click Delete Note: