LivePlan stopped supporting the ability to connect and sync to QuickBooks Desktop on April 30, 2022.
This decision came after careful review and consideration. We are constantly striving to provide a seamless and reliable experience for our accounting-connected users. Unfortunately, the QuickBooks Desktop connection from Intuit did not meet our expectations for a seamless and reliable experience, despite our efforts to improve it.
You can still import data from QuickBooks Online or Xero into the Dashboard, or you can enter your actuals manually. We just don't support the QuickBooks Desktop option anymore, and this article covers the primary reasons for this transition:
The QuickBooks Online integration provides more value to LivePlan users:
- The QuickBooks Online connection is quicker, more stable, and more reliable.
- LivePlan and QuickBooks Online work together seamlessly to bring your past accounting actuals from QuickBooks into your LivePlan Forecast, Benchmarks, and Dashboard.
- The sync between the two cloud applications ensures that your past data from QuickBooks Online is always up-to-date, giving you the confidence to plan your future in LivePlan.
- Because LivePlan and QuickBooks Online are both cloud-based applications, you'll have a uniform experience between each product. You can easily pick up right where they left off, and collaborate across teams.
- We want to focus our development efforts on continuing to make the integration between LivePlan and QuickBooks Online even better, allowing our users to do more robust planning with Live Forecasting, Benchmarking, performance review and reporting.
How you can switch from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online:
If you do wish to transition from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, it is possible to convert your Desktop file to QuickBooks Online. Intuit has created a very easy process for switching, which you can learn about here: Converting a QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online
What will happen to the QuickBooks Desktop data that you've already imported into LivePlan?
As of April 30, 2022, you are no longer able to connect and sync with QuickBooks Desktop. Any existing data from QuickBooks Desktop has stayed in LivePlan, but you are longer be able to sync new data. You can still view and edit the previously synced data manually. Don’t worry, though; your future Forecast entries will not be affected by this change. Also, LivePlan never overrides your accounting data, so all of your past actuals will continue to exist in QuickBooks Desktop.
To import your actual performance data into LivePlan in the future, you can continue to enter your data manually or switch to QuickBooks Online. We recommend switching to QuickBooks Online.