When you create an Outpost hosted mailbox (rather than connecting directly to Office 365 or Gmail/Gsuite), Outpost will send your outbound email messages through our servers. If you'd rather have Outpost send your messages through your mail servers, you can connect the Outpost mailbox to your mail servers by taking these steps:
- Configure the Send as (or From) address for your mailbox
- Once you've configured the "from address" properly, you'll see the option to switch servers:
- Choose the "Use my provider's SMTP" option
- Then enter the SMTP information (Host, Port, Username, Password) from your service provider into the fields and click the "Test Connection" button:
- Once you receive the success message, click the Save Changes button and go back to your mail view.