When you forward email to an Outpost mailbox, you may be able to update the "send as" address. That's the email address that appears in your recipient's inbox when you send them an email.
Your options depend on the type of domain you're using for your email address. Which of these are you using now?
- A custom domain that you have registered. Common examples look like yourname.com or yourcompanyname.com
- A non-custom domain, such as Yahoo.com, AOL.com, Hotmail.com and so on
If you use a custom domain
If you have your own domain registered, then you can set up forwarding to Outpost and customize the send as name. This article assumes you've already set up a mailbox and configured fowarding in your email account. If you haven't, please see this article.
- The first step to setting up a new send as name is accessing the settings for your new mailbox. Click on the Settings gear in the upper right corner of the Outpost window:
- In the sidebar of the Settings page, click Mailboxes:
- On the Mailboxes page, click the preview card for the mailbox you want to customize:
- In the "Display email address" drop down menu, select Send from another email address:
- Enter the email address that you would like Outpost to send email from:
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page:
Emails you send from this mailbox will now appear in recipients' inboxes as coming from your own email address.
If you use a non-custom domain
If you use a domain like Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, or Outlook, and you've forwarded that email address to Outpost, then you won't be able to change the send as address. Instead, your Outpost inbox will use the teamoutpost.com email address you created as you set up forwarding: