When you set up forwarding, you'll do some of the steps in Outpost and some in your email provider account (such as Yahoo, Rackspace, or GoDaddy). If you need help finding the instructions for setting up forwarding in your source email account, please
Setting up forwarding to an existing Outpost account
You can set up an Outpost mailbox so that it sends and receives emails from another email address that you own.
- Click on the Settings gear in the upper right corner of the Outpost window:
- In the sidebar of the Settings page, click Mailboxes:
- Click on the add mailbox icon:
- Select "Other email address" from the "Email source" drop down menu.
- Enter a team mailbox name, display name, and Outpost email address for your new mailbox:
- Click Create Mailbox:
- (Outside of Outpost) Configure your email provider to forward emails to your Outpost mailbox. Instructions for forwarding email from popular providers can be found below:
Microsoft Exchange 2007
Microsoft Exchange 2010
Microsoft Exchange Online
- In the Email address to forward from box, enter the email address that you have forwarded into Outpost and click Send Test Email :
- Return to the Outpost Mailbox settings menu and click Send test email:
- You should see an email in your Inbox shortly, confirming that the mailbox forwarding has been completed. If Outpost's test email can't connect with your source email account within 30 minutes, you'll receive a notification.
Where will my incoming emails be stored?
Once forwarding has been configured all emails sent to your source email address will appear in your Outpost mailbox.
Your source email account will also retain a copy of all incoming emails. We recommend testing this after you've set up forwarding. Ask a colleague to send a test email to your source email address. You should see that email in both Inboxes - in Outpost, and in your source email account. If you don't, then you may need to change the forwarding settings in your source email account. Please if you need help with that step.