Tags help you track ongoing themes in your email conversations. For some ideas on how to use them, please see Tips for using tags.
Creating a new tag
When you create a tag, it will be applied automatically to the conversation that's currently open. Once it's created, a tag becomes available for all conversations in all mailboxes.
- Open the conversation you want to tag. In the toolbar, click the Tag icon:
- Click Create a new tag:
- Give the new tag a name and assign a color if you like. Then click Create tag:
- The new tag will be automatically applied to the conversation. Click outside the tag menu to dismiss it:
Adding a tag to a conversation
You can add multiple tags to any conversation.
- Open the conversation you want to tag. Then, in the toolbar, click the Tag icon:
- Click on as many tags as you want to add to the conversation:
- Click outside of the tag menu to dismiss it.
- The tag will now appear at the top of the conversation:
Removing a tag from a conversation
You can remove a tag from a conversation at any time by clicking the "X" on the tag:
Sorting a mailbox or folder by tags
To see all the conversations containing a particular tag, use the Tag menu in the left sidebar, as shown below:
Keep in mind that the results you see will only pertain to the mailbox and mail folder you have currently selected. In the example above, one mailbox is selected: "Info@ Mailbox." So only tagged conversations in this mailbox will display.
To see tagged conversations in other mailboxes or all mailboxes, just make another selection from the Mailbox menu:
The same idea applies to your email folders - when you search for tagged conversations, you'll only see the ones in the folder you're currently viewing, such as the Inbox, Sent, or Archived mail. For more on using those, please see Viewing your account folders.