In this article:
As an entrepreneur, you need to track how your business is doing, catch problems early, and make smarter decisions for growth. The LivePlan Dashboard gives you all the tools you need by comparing two important data sources:
- Your forecast in LivePlan
- Your actual performance from QuickBooks Online
This article will show you how to connect the two accounts together and build your LivePlan Dashboard.
Setting up your QuickBooks Online account
If you don't have a QuickBooks Online account, you can sign up for one and create a company file for your business.
Your new QuickBooks Online account will need some actuals data entered in it. If you have an existing business, you may be able to import your past actuals into QuickBooks. If your company is new, you might simply start entering your actuals manually.
Connecting QuickBooks Online to LivePlan
Here's how to sync your QuickBooks Online account to your LivePlan account.
- Log in to your LivePlan account.
- Click on the Dashboard tab:
- Click Connect to your accounting solution:
- In the overlay that appears, click on the QuickBooks Online option, and then click Continue:
- In the next overlay, click Connect to QuickBooks:
- You'll be prompted to sign in your QuickBooks account:
- Click Connect to allow LivePlan to access your QuickBooks company data:
- Once the connection is successful, you'll see the following overlay. Click OK, let's sync:
- LivePlan will pull in your QuickBooks data for the current year and up to two past fiscal years.
- Once the sync is complete, you should see your data displaying in the Dashboard. If you don't see any data, you may need to change the date range. Click the drop-down menu shown below to select another date range:
How to use the Dashboard display
These pages will help you read the Dashboard charts and understand what they mean:
If you have any questions at all, please contact our Customer Advocates. We're glad to help!