This article assumes you're using Office 365 as your email provider. If you're using Gmail, please see this page.
In order to import your email into Outpost, you'll first want to create a mailbox for it to live in. We recommend starting with a general Office 365 email address your company uses, such as "sales@[your company]" or "info@[yourcompany]."
Note: When you import your email, keep in mind that one copy of your past and future messages will live in Outpost, and another copy will still live in your source Office 365 email account. You'll still be able to access and use your Office 365 account normally. Think of Outpost as a communications layer that makes it easier for you and your team to use a shared email address.
Setting up a mailbox
- If you haven't already, start your free trial of Outpost. Or if you already have an account, log in at app.outpost.co and start the process to add a new mailbox.
- Select Office 365 as your email provider as shown below. Then click Next:
- On the next form, enter the Office 365 email address you'd like to connect to Outpost, and the password you use to log into that email account. Then click Next:
- You'll then be prompted to verify your request for the connection between Outpost and this Outlook address. Click Allow to continue.
- From this point, you'll be placed into your new Outpost account, and your email history will begin importing automatically.
Here are some good next steps:
- Inviting your team to your Outpost account
- Adding more mailboxes to your account
- Viewing your account folders
- Viewing your conversations
- Assigning a conversation to a user