During the installation of an error is generated entitled "Installer Information." Within the error message window, it states:
"The InstallScript engine is missing from this machine. If available, please run ISScript.msi, or contact your support personnel for further assistance."
Why is this happening?
This error is due to a problem within the InstallShield software, which is a third-party application used to install programs within the Windows operating system.
To resolve this problem you will need to take the following steps:
- Save the following file onto the Desktop of your computer: ISScript.msi
- After the download has completed, double-click on the downloaded Isscript.msifile.
- When the InstallShield Script files have installed, click Start on your Windows toolbar.
- Point to Find (or Search) and click Files and Folders.
- If prompted, choose to search for All files and folders.
- In the Named (or file name) box, type IDRIVER.EXE and click Find Now (or Search).
- Once the file is located, take the following steps to register the file:
- Click the Windows Start button and click Run
- Delete any contents in the "Open" box, then drag and drop the file found above into the box.
- Click into the "Open" box and scroll to the far-right side of the text in the box.
- Press the spacebar, then type: /regserver
- Click OK to finish registering this file.
- Restart your computer.
- Install your Palo Alto Software program.