Business Plan Pro can automatically read and convert any plan from Business Plan Pro v11 or 2007 and uses an online conversion utility for any older plan files.
Business Plan Pro 2007 can automatically read and convert files from Business Plan Pro versions 2003 or newer. A free utility is available to open plans from Business Plan Pro 2002 or Business Plan Pro v4.0.
Click the links below to see instructions on converting your old plans.
Business Plan Pro v12
The Online Conversion utility can convert a plan from any version of Business Plan Pro back to version 4.02.0266 for use in Business Plan Pro v12, v11 or Business Plan Pro 2007. If needed, the conversion utility can be accessed here: Online Conversion Utility
For plans from Business Plan Pro 2002 or version 4.0, you'll need to use our installed converter on the plan first, then use the online converter (above) to complete the conversion.
Download and install the Conversion Utility file from our Web site
- Click here to download the conversion utility from our Web site
- When prompted by Windows, choose to Save this file to the Desktop of your computer.
- Once the download has completed, double click on the Pas8ConversionUtility.exe to install the utility.
Once the utility is installed, launch it and use it to upgrade the files:
- Open the Conversion Utility 8.0 program
- Next to Source file, click Browse and select the .BPD file for the plan you want to convert
- Next to the Destination file, click Browse and type in a new file name for the converted plan.
- Click the Convert Plan button
- Once the plan is converted, close the utility.
Lastly, use the Online Conversion Utility to complete the conversion by upgrading the converted files.
For plans created in software older than version 4.0:
Although we provide automatic conversions between one version and the next, each version uses new technological advances. Over several years, these improvements make very old files incompatible with newer versions.
Our Diagnostic Services team can usually convert files created in version 3 for you. Send us an email with the files attached for information on this or for assistance in converting your files.
You may also be able to copy and paste from program to program to convert the plan manually, although this is not ideal.