While working in the Plan Wizard, an error message entitled "PAS6_App" occurs and shows detailed computer code.
Why is this happening?
The Windows Scripting Components on your computer are out of date. Palo Alto Software programs rely on these Windows components to operate correctly.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue.
Download the update for the Visual Basic Run-time components:
- Click the following link to download the Visual Basic Run-time update.
- When prompted, choose to Save this file to the Desktop of your computer.
- After downloading, click Close and proceed to the next download.
Download the update for the Windows Scripting components:
Install the updates:
- Double-click on the vbrun60sp6.exe file to install the updates to the Visual Basic Run-time Components.
- Once the update files have finished copying and the window disappears, double-click on the file which you downloaded to install the Windows Scripting 5.6 updates (scr56en.exe or scripten.exe).
- Once this update has been installed, restart the computer
- Then, launch your Palo Alto Software program to verify that the problem has been resolved.
If the error still persists:
You will need to install Internet Explorer 6 on your system, which will add some important files to Windows.
- Visit the Internet Explorer website.
- Download and install Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1.
- Restart your computer after the installation has finished.
- Launch your Palo Alto Software product.