Occasionally, when copy and pasting text into the program, the text may print differently from what appears on screen. Sometimes you will not be able to change the formatting of the text on screen either.
Why is this happening?
When text is copied and pasted into our program, all of the formatting code for the text is copied as well. This can result in plan content that displays one way on screen and prints in another format or occasionally text that cannot be re-formatted inside our software at all.
The following steps will guide you through removing any hidden formatting code from the text in your plan to allow for proper re-formatting.
Remove the current text from the topic:
- From the plan Outline, select the Text Topic which is displaying this problem and then click into the text area.
- On the Edit menu, click Select All.
- Then, on the Edit menu, click Cut.
Remove any remaining formatting code:
- Click on the "H" button in the toolbar.
- Delete anything that remains in this window.
- Click on the "H" button again.
Note: This step is no longer necessary in the latest version of Business Plan Pro 11 and the "H" button has been removed from the program.
Paste the text back into the topic without the problematic formatting:
- On the Edit menu, click Paste Special.
- Choose Unformatted Text and click OK.
Reset any custom formatting which you require in this text area.
- On the Edit menu, click Select All
- On the Format menu, click Paragraph
- Make any changes you want to font, size, color, etc., and then click the OK button.
As of the 11.20 Update for Business Plan Pro 11, the steps for cleaning up problematic text formatting have been greatly simplified. Take the following steps to clean up the text in the current version of the software:
- Click on the "Repair Formatting" button in the toolbar
- Choose the appropriate option:
- Retain as much formatting as possible - This option will keep as much formatting as the software can properly publish but can leave remnants of problematic formatting that will not print properly.
- Remove all formatting, I want to start fresh - This option will "sanitize" your text, removing all formatting and allowing you to start fresh using the formatting tools in our text editors toolbar.
- Click the Repair button to apply the option to the text in your plan.