When starting the installation, you may see the following error:
"DEMO32 caused a general protection fault in module DIBENG.DLL."
This error is the result of an incompatible video card driver. Often, on machines with two video cards, one onboard plus an add-on card, one of the cards is not set up correctly.
Take the following steps to locate the faulty video card:
- Click the Windows Start button, point to Settings and click Control Panel
- Double-click the System icon
- In the System Properties dialog, locate the Device Manager (under Hardware)
- Click to view the Display Adapters area
- The problematic video card will show with a yellow caution symbol.
Or, avoid the problem by exploring the CD contents directly
You can avoid this problem by exiting the DemoShield installer and exploring the CD to install the software directly from the appropriate folder. Take the following steps after exiting the DemoShield installation screen:
- Double click on the My Computer icon
- Right click the CD and choose Explore
- Right click on the *_2003 folder and choose Explore
- Double click on the Setup.exe file within this folder to launch the installer
- Follow the Installation Wizard to complete the installation of your software