If you are unable to copy and paste text into or within my Palo Alto Software program:
Why is this happening?
If your Internet Security Options are set as Customized or High, you may have automatically disabled "pasting from scripts." Our software utilizes scripting and Active X controls to handle copy and paste functions within the program. Whenever pasting from scripts is disabled, our software is no longer able to interact with the Windows Clipboard. However, you can reset this option to enable pasting from scripts fairly easily.
Take the following steps to check this setting on any computer (using Internet Explorer 6):
- Click on your Windows Start button, select Control Panel (or Start, Settings, Control Panel).
- Double click on the Internet Options icon.
- Select the Security Tab.
- In the Security Settings for your Internet zone area (the default), check to see if the settings are set to Default (Medium). If the settings are set to High or Custom, take the following steps:
- Click the Custom Level button.
- Scroll down the list to the Scripting section near the bottom.
- Locate the "Allow paste operations via script" option and check this setting. If this is set to Disable or Prompt, it will prevent our software from interacting with the Windows Clipboard.
- Set to Enable if needed and click OK
- Select the other Zones (Local Intranet and Trusted Sites) and repeat the process to ensure that this option is not interfering with our software. You should not change the settings for Restricted Sites.
- Once the settings have been corrected, click Apply and OK.
- Restart the computer and then check to see if the problem has been resolved.