When launching a Palo Alto Software program, you may encounter a Run-time Error. These errors include the program freezing on the splash screen image for the software, or error dialogs labeled Run-time Error:
- Run-time Error '0'
- Run-time Error '429'
- Run time Error '-2147221231(80040111)'
- Run-time Error '2147024770 (8007007e)'
- Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)'
Why is this happening?
These errors are typically caused by incompatible versions of certain Windows files which are used in starting and running our software. Successfully updating these Windows files will resolve these errors.
NOTE: Encountering this error when viewing sample plans is due to a different problem.
Take the following steps to resolve this error:
- Download the Visual Basic Run-time Component updates.
- Download the Visual Basic 6.0 SP6 update.
- When prompted, choose to Save this file to the Desktop of your computer.
- When the download is complete, click the Close button and proceed to the next download.
- Download the update for the Windows® Scripting components.
- Install the downloaded updates.
- Double-click on the Visual Basic Run-time update, vbrun60sp6.exe.
- The Visual Basic Run-time update will copy files.
- When it is finished, double-click on the Windows Scripting update file, scripten.exe or scr56en.exe.
- The Windows Scripting update will prompt you when the process is complete.
- Click OK to this message.
- Restart the computer.
- Launch your Palo Alto Software program to verify that the problem is resolved.
This article applies to retired versions of Marketing Plan Pro v. 6, v. 4.0.
What does retired mean?
Because of the realities of personal computing, changes in operating systems and related software, we no longer provide direct support (telephone, email or fax) for the retired versions listed here.