When installing Business Plan Pro, Sales & Marketing Pro or Marketing Plan Pro 11.0 powered by Duct Tape Marketing, you may encounter an error message indicating a problem verifying your serial number.
In most cases, there is not an issue with the serial number at all and this message just indicates a problem with the .NET Framework on this computer. Taking the following steps will resolve this error:
- Click the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
- This list is alphabetized; scroll down to the Microsoft area.
- Select anything that starts with Microsoft .NET
- Click the Remove (or Change/Remove) button and follow the steps to remove that component.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all Microsoft .NET installations are removed from the computer.
- Close the Add/Remove Programs utility and Restart the computer.
If you encounter an error when trying to remove the .NET components with the Add/Remove programs utility, take the following steps instead (more information):
- Click the following link to download the .NET Clean-up Utility:
- When prompted, choose to Save this file to the Desktop of the computer.
- Once the download has completed, close any open programs and run the cleanup_tool.exe
- Accept the license agreement and then choose to clean up .NET Framework - All Versions
- Click the Cleanup Now button
- Once the Cleanup is complete, close the utility and then install the latest .NET Framework (see below)
- Go to Microsoft's site at:
- Windows XP, Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows Server 2003 - .NET 2.0
- Windows Vista - .NET 3.5
- Windows 7 - .NET 4.0
Install your Palo Alto Software
Once the .NET update has been installed, run the installer for the software (dtmenu11.exe) again to install your software.