When trying to launch your Palo Alto Software product, you may get the following message:
The Free trial period of Xceed Zip compression library has expired.
The message then gives you a link to the program from XceedSoft.com.
All Palo Alto Software products come with an updated, fully licensed, version of the Xceed Zip compression library, XceedZip.dll. The message which you are encountering indicates that the XceedZip.dll file has been overwritten by an older, unlicensed version.
Take the following steps to replace the current version of XceedZip.dll on your computer with the updated version which is licensed for distribution with our software:
Restart the computer
- Close any open programs
- Restart the computer to ensure that this file is no longer flagged as "in use" by Windows.
Download the updated version of the file
- Click the following link to begin downloading the file from our FTP server:XceedZip.dll
- When prompted, choose to Save this file to the appropriate directory on the hard drive of your computer:
- Windows XP - C:\Windows\System32
- Windows 2000 - C:\WINNT\System32
- Windows 98 or ME - C:\Windows\System
If Windows states that the file already exists, choose to overwrite the older version of the file which is already in this location.
Register the new version of the file
Once the file has been saved:
- Click on Start and then Run.
- Type the appropriate command for your version of Windows into the Open box:
- Windows XP or Vista: REGSVR32 "C:\Windows\System32\XceedZip.dll"
- Windows 2000: REGSVR32 "C:\WINNT\System32\XceedZip.dll"
- Windows 98 or ME: REGSVR32 "C:\Windows\System\XceedZip.dll"
- Click OK.
- Windows will display a message that the Dllregistryserver in the file succeeded. Click OK to this message.
You should now be able to launch the Business Plan Pro software without encountering the message about the older version of XceedZip.dll.