When launching Business Plan Pro, you may encounter an error message which says:
Run-time Error 457: This key is already associated with an element of this collection.
When you click the OK button the program shuts down.
Why is this happening?
The Run-time Error 457 is typically encountered when trying to launch (open) Business Plan Pro. This error message indicates that there is some invalid information in the Registry where our software stores the Most Recently Used files list information.
To resolve this problem you can clear the "Most Recently Used" files list using the custom utility which we have built to resolve the error:
Download and save the 457fix file
- Click to access the 457fix.exe file
- When prompted, choose to Save the file to the Desktop of your computer
Run the 457fix.exe file
- Double-click the 457fix.exe file on your Desktop
- Follow the steps provided within the utility
- Close the utility
When the computer restarts, launch the Palo Alto Software product
- In the Start a Plan dialog, the Existing files list will be blank
- Use the More files... option
- Browse to and open any existing plan files
Note: If you are using a non-English version of Windows, any non-English characters in the directory where you are saving your plan could cause the error to return. In these situations, you can prevent the error from re-occurring by clicking Save As on the Filemenu within the program to save the plan directly to the C: drive of your computer.