When launching Business Plan Pro, you may encounter a generic Microsoft error that says:
Business Plan Pro has encountered an error and needs to close. We apologize for any inconvenience. Would you like to send a report to Microsoft about this error?
In most cases, this indicates a problem with the .NET Framework. Reinstalling the .NET Framework for Windows will resolve the problem:
Remove the current .NET installation files
- Click the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
- This list is alphabetized; scroll down to the Microsoft area.
- Select anything that starts with Microsoft .NET
- Click the Remove (or Change/Remove) button and follow the steps to remove that component.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all Microsoft .NET installations are removed from the computer.
- Close the Add/Remove Programs utility and Restart the computer.
Having problems with this step?
If you encounter an error when trying to remove the .NET components with the Add/Remove programs utility, take the following steps instead (more information):
- Click the following link to download the .NET Clean-up Utility:http://downloads.paloalto.com/ftp/root/cleanup_tool.exe
- When prompted, choose to Save this file to the Desktop of the computer.
- Once the download has completed, close any open programs and run the cleanup_tool.exe
- Accept the license agreement and then choose to clean up .NET Framework - All Versions
- Click the Cleanup Now button
- Once the Cleanup is complete, close the utility and then install the latest .NET Framework (see below)
Download the latest .NET Update from Microsoft.com
- Go to Microsoft's site at:
- Click the Download button to download the dotnetfx.exe file.
- When prompted, choose to Save the file to the Desktop of your computer.
- Once the download has completed, run the dotnetfx*.exe file and follow the steps to install the .NET update.