When installing the program, you may get a message that Adobe Acrobat 4.0 or higher is required, even though you have Adobe Reader 6.0 (or 7.0) installed.
Why is this happening?
This problem is encountered when the information used to detect Adobe's software on the computer is missing from the Windows Registry. Changes that Adobe made with Reader 6.0 or higher, older versions of our software may not recognize this version of the Adobe Reader software due to these changes. If you have removed an earlier version of Adobe's software after installing the newer version, the registry information may have been removed.
Take the following steps to get our installer to recognize that Adobe Reader is installed on your system:
First, download the appropriate registry file for your computer.
- Click the appropriate link, below:
- When prompted, choose to save the file to the desktop of your computer.
Then, repair your registry
- After the download has completed, close any active programs on the computer
- Double-click the file to merge the information into your system's registry files.
- Follow any prompts you are given.
Finally, restart and install the software
- Restart your computer.
- Install your Palo Alto Software program.
Note: If you are using a third-party Web browser such as Firefox or Netscape, you may need to right-click on the file and choose Save Target as or Save Link as to properly download the file.