When trying to view a sample plan within the Sample Plan Browser, you may encounter the error:
Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
Automation Error object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
Why is this happening?
This error indicates a problem with the Adobe® Reader Plug-in. The software uses this plug-in to display the "preview" of the sample plan in the right hand window of the Sample Plan Browser. If the plug-in does not respond, the Run-time Error '-2147417848 (80010108)' message is generated.
If you need to see only a single plan, you can use the Open button in the Sample Plan Browser to see it within the software. You can also permanently fix this problem by removing and reinstalling your Adobe Reader software.
To resolve this problem for all sample plans:
- Close the Palo Alto Software program.
- Click Start on your Windows toolbar.
- Point to Settings, and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Adobe Reader.
- Click the Remove (or Change/Remove) button.
- Then, reinstall the Adobe Reader software on your computer.
- This should reinstall the Adobe Reader Plug-in on your computer so that it will correctly display sample plan previews.
- Restart the Palo Alto software program and open the Sample Plan Browser to see the fix.
You can download the free "Reader" version of Adobe's software from: http://www.adobe.com
To avoid this problem and see a single plan:
- Select the desired sample plan from the list with a single mouse click.
- Click the Open button at the top of the Sample Plan Browser.
- This will open the requested sample plan in your Palo Alto Software program, avoiding the use of the Adobe Plug-in which generates the error.