In order to import your email into Outpost, you'll first want to create a mailbox for it to live in. We recommend starting with a general Gmail address your company uses, such as "sales@[your company]" or "info@[yourcompany]."
Note: When you import your email, keep in mind that one copy of your past and future messages will live in Outpost, and another copy will still live in your source Gmail account. You'll still be able to access and use your Gmail account normally. Think of Outpost as a communications layer that makes it easier for your team to use a shared email address.
Setting up a mailbox
- If you haven't already, start your free trial of Outpost. Or if you already have an account, log in at app.outpost.co.
- On the page below, select Gmail as your email provider:
Note: If you would like to suggest an email provider for us to add, select Another service and add your suggestion.
- From here, you'll be connected to Gmail and presented with a list of your existing email addresses. Select the one you want to have connected to your first Outpost mailbox:
- You'll then be prompted to verify your request for the connection between Outpost and this Gmail address:
- Next, you'll add an internal name for this mailbox, and establish the Send As name, which appears on emails sent from the mailbox. Then click Next:
- The next step is optional. If you like, you can send user invitations to up to 5 team members by entering their email addresses. When you're finished, click Send Invitations. Or, if you'd rather not send any, click Skip This Step:
Note: any users you add to your account will be free until the end of the trial period. If you decide to continue after the trial, you will be billed for each user, per month, according to your subscription plan.
- Your mailbox set-up is now complete. You'll be taken to the mailbox view in Outpost, where Outpost will immediately begin importing the email history from that Gmail address:
Note: You can use Outpost, and even log out, while your email history import is in progress.
More on importing email
- How long will it take Outpost to import my email history?
- Adding more mailboxes to your account
- Viewing your account folders
- Assigning a conversation to a user