Once you've created a few templates in your Outpost account, you can start applying them to your messages. Here are some useful things to know about templates:
- You can combine templates with your own writing - in other words, the template won't replace any text you've already written in a message.
- You can apply more than one template to the same message.
- When you apply a template, it will appear where your cursor is currently placed in the message.
- Once you've applied a template to a message, you can edit that text as needed.
Applying a template to a message:
- Begin a new conversation, or a reply or forward.
- In the message you've started, you can access your saved templates by clicking the +Template link:
- The template selector will appear. The sidebar offers several ways to sort through your templates:
Note: Only mailboxes you've created templates for will display in this pull-down menu.
- At the top of the the sidebar, you'll see a pull-down menu. Templates created for your default mailbox will display first:
- You can also use the search box to locate templates that contain specific text:
- Once you've chosen a template, click the Add Template button to apply it to the message:
- With the template in place, you can add text to the message and make edits as you prefer:
- You can add more templates to the same message. Just place your cursor where you'd like the template to appear, and then click the +Template link again to select another template:
- Click Save & Close to save the message as a draft, or click Send to send it.