By default, the Dashboard tab shows several useful analytics, such as number of emails in each mailbox, mail assigned to you, and recent activity. You can customize the Dashboard to display additional widgets for tracking users' activity and mailbox response time, to better manage their email processes. The widgets available vary by account level.
TIP: Use Options to change metrics criteria
Metrics with a chart or graph have an Options button near the bottom which you can click to filter data by mailbox, user, date range, or other criteria.
Click any widget name, below, to see more information.
Default Dashboard Widgets
Lists all of your current mailboxes, with a summary of the emails in the Inbox of each.
- Click any Mailbox name to open its Inbox view
- Click the Add a mailbox link at the top to add a new mailbox (Account owner and administrators only)
NOTE: Different account levels allow different numbers of mailboxes. For more information, see the Pricing page.
Shows a list of all mail assigned to you, in any mailbox.
- Click any message to open that conversation
- Sort the list by clicking on the From, Subject, or Date column headers.
Saved Searches are a way to quickly locate email conversations that match criteria you choose, using keywords, assignee, mailbox, date received, and more. This section lists all Saved Searches, both your personal searches and searches that are shared with other users in your account.
- Click any Saved Search name to open the search
Shows the most recent activity in your account from all users. It records logins, responses (replying or forwarding), notes and tags added, and assignment of emails.
- Click the conversation or message link in any entry to see the full contents of the exchange
- Filter by mailbox, user, tag, or action type
- Click Options at the bottom of the action list
- Use the arrows to select a specific Mailbox, User, or Tag
- Click to add checkmarks for the type of actions you would like to see
NOTE: Checking "Moved" tracks activity related to moving a conversation from one Mailbox to another; Checking "Filed" tracks activity related to moving a conversation into a different Folder within the same mailbox: Archive, Spam, Trash, or Inbox.
Displays a simple graph of the number of messages received and sent for a given period. The default view is all mailboxes over the previous 30 days.
- Change traffic parameters
- Click Options below the graph
- Click the down arrow next to Mailbox to select a specific mailbox
- Click the down arrow next to Date Range to select a different data range
The graph will update to reflect the new parameters
Highlights the most recent tips and news for Email Center Pro users from Palo Alto Software. Click the links to read the full text of any post.
Shows a summary of the account users currently online.
- Green icons indicate active use
- Yellow icons indicate inactive use (logged on but idle)
Account Usage (Administrators only)
Displays a summary of your account usage, in terms of storage, emails received and sent, and your plan level.
Displays information on the frequency of tag usage in your account in "Cloud" format. The more frequently a tag is used, the larger the tag name will display.
- Filter by Mailbox
- Click Options below the tag cloud
- Click the down arrow next to Mailbox to select a specific mailbox
The tag cloud will update to reflect the new parameters.
Simple Analytics Widgets
Displays a pie chart of unassigned and assigned messages (by user) in the Inbox of the selected mailbox. This chart is an easy way to see the load distribution of assignments. Administrators may want to use this when assigning large volumes of email, to make sure no one user is overloaded with email assignments.
Click Options to select a different mailbox, or choose "Any Mailbox" to see assignments across all Inboxes.
Mailbox Traffic Distribution
Shows distribution of traffic received and sent by time of day, day of the week, or month, for the mailbox and date range selected. For example, users can use this chart to see whether more email is received on Mondays than Wednesdays, or whether the morning is busier than the afternoon.
Click Options to select a different mailbox, data type, or date range.
RSS Feed Reader
Lets you see the latest updates from any RSS 2.0 feed. Get news, blog posts, and other up-to-the-minute information right on your Dashboard.
- Click Options and type or paste in the URL for any RSS 2.0 feeds you wish you see
- Separate feeds with commas to aggregate multiple feeds
Shows all conversations you have Starred for tracking by Subject line and activity date.
- Click any conversation in the list to see the Conversation History
- Click the Refresh button at the top of the widget to refresh the list.
Custom Mail Widget
Shows a summary of conversations based on criteria you choose in the Options. Double-click any conversation to open it.
- Set criteria
- Click Options
- Use the drop-down arrows to filter the list by Mailbox, Folder, Assignee, and/or Tag.
- Click the Starred box to limit conversations to those that have been starred.
- Click Options
- Type a new name in the Widget Name box
Advanced Analytics Widgets
Shows specific data for each user for the mailbox and date range you choose. Use this widget to track your top (and fastest) responders, and identify who is being proactive in responding to unassigned email.
Click any column header to sort by these criteria:
- User: user name. A green dot next to a user's name indicates the user has generated activity in the last 10 minutes, while a yellow dot indicates activity between 10 and 30 minutes ago.
- # Asgnd: number of conversations assigned to the user
- # Sent: number of messages sent
- Avg RT: average response time, from the time a conversation is assigned to the user and the user replies to the email. A reading of "None" indicates the user sends original outgoing mail but has not responded to incoming messages.
- Last Login: the last day or time the user logged in to the Email Center Pro account
Click Options to change the mailbox or date range, or to adjust the measurements for specific business hours (with the option to adjust for weekends). These options are especially useful if large amounts of incoming email is received after usiness hours, or you have users working different shifts.
Mailbox Traffic Timeline
Gives an interactive timeline of both the mail sent and received for a particular mailbox for the time range selected.
To select a different time range:
- Click the options next to Zoom (top left) to select a set range: 1 day, 5 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, or Max (since account creation).
- OR, click and drag the edge of the highlighted section in the secondary graph to choose a custom range.
To select a different mailbox:
- Click Options and choose a mailbox from the list
To select a different timeframe (earlier day, week, or month):
- Click the right or left arrows at the bottom of the secondary graph to move back or forward in time.
Mailbox Response Time
This widget shows a chart and table of the response times for any mailbox during a given time period.
You can customize the chart and table by selecting specific criteria for user, mailbox, and date range. You can also adjust the response time for business hours and weekends. For example, a message arriving after hours on Friday can be treated as if it arrived first thing Monday morning.
Click Options at the bottom of the metric to see criteria you can apply to the analysis.
NOTE: We store a maximum of 6 months worth of data for this analytics tool. Selecting a date range beyond 6 months ago will result in unreliable results.
This histogram plots the number of email replies sent (y axis) for the specified timeframe against the time it took to respond to them (x axis). A blue line denotes the average (mean) response time between receiving a message and sending a reply. The chart will automatically update as you change the Options at the bottom of the metric.
The Options at the bottom include a field for changing the chart window to zoom in on responses within 2 hours, 4 hours, etc.
This table breaks down the information shown in the chart.
- Interval: response time range. For example, 0h-0.5h includes responses sent in fewer than 30 minutes
- %: percentage of total replies which match this Interval for the data selected in Options
- Running %: Includes all replies which match the options criteria up to today, so you can see whether response times are improving.
Tip: Limit or allow customization
Account owners can choose to limit customization to administrators only, in the Account (Billing) settings.
NOTE: the free application Adobe Flash Player is required to display some widgets. if you do not have it installed, you will see a prompt in the relevant widget to download a plugin.