In this day and age with the advancement of technology you should really never have problems downloading Sales and Marketing Pro. We have a whole team of people who make sure that our download servers are operating at peak efficiency but there are so many other factors that influence this, some people have trouble no matter what we do. Hundreds of people download successfully every day, but we always have some few people who can't download.
The problem isn't necessarily you, your computer, your connection, or any one factor. There are four basic components working together during a download:
- Your web browser application
- Your ISP (who you purchase Internet access from)
- The network itself (lines, hubs, & routers)
- And our download server
If you "time-out", if the download stalls or are disconnected during a download, the problem is likely occurring in one of the first three. Here are some things you can check to see if you can find and fix the problem:
- If you are connecting through a wireless device to your network, try connecting directly with an Ethernet Cable. Sometimes the wireless signal will be just strong enough to start the file transfer but not support the actual download of the installer.
- If you are using Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or a newer version of Windows, you may encounter a problem when downloading your software.You can avoid these types of problems by holding down the CTRL key on the keyboard of your computer while left clicking on the Download Now link.
- If you are trying to download using a 3rd party browser such as Netscape or Mozilla, try using Internet Explorer instead. Our Web team tries to provide full support for 3rd party browsers but we cannot guarantee that all browsers will function similarly on the Web site. As such, the site is optimized for Internet Explorer as we can accurately predict how this browser will function and that all of our users will have access to it.
- Check settings in and/or reinstall your Web browser.
- Call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and make sure that they aren't experiencing any problems (do they have a time-out setting?). Ultimately, our goal is customer satisfaction.