When installing Sales and Marketing Pro or Marketing Plan Pro 11.0 powered by Duct Tape Marketing, you may encounter an error message indicating a problem verifying your serial number.
In most cases, there is not an issue with the serial number at all and this message just indicates a problem with the .NET Framework on this computer. Taking the following steps will resolve this error:
- Click the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
- This list is alphabetized; scroll down to the Microsoft area.
- Select anything that starts with Microsoft .NET
- Click the Remove (or Change/Remove) button and follow the steps to remove that component.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all Microsoft .NET installations are removed from the computer.
- Close the Add/Remove Programs utility and Restart the computer.
- Click the following link to download the .NET Clean-up Utility:
- When prompted, choose to Save this file to the Desktop of the computer.
- Once the download has completed, close any open programs and run thecleanup_tool.exe
- Accept the license agreement and then choose to clean up .NET Framework - All Versions
- Click the Cleanup Now button
- Once the Cleanup is complete, close the utility and then install the latest .NET Framework (see below)
- Go to Microsoft's site at:
- Windows XP, Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows Server 2003 - .NET 2.0
- Windows Vista - .NET 3.5
- Windows 7 - .NET 4.0
Install your Palo Alto Software
Once the .NET update has been installed, run the installer for the software (bppenu12.exe,bppenu11.exe or bppeng11.exe or smpenu11.exe or dtmenu11.exe) again to install your software.