The problem that you are encountering is due to a problem with the file on your computer that maintains the list of sample plans available. The file that stores the sample plan list on your machine has to be replaced so that the Sample Plan Browser can display the list. Please take the following steps to resolve this problem:
- Use our automated solution:
- Close the Sample Plan Browser and your Palo Alto Software program.
- Click the link below for your version and edition of the software:
Marketing Plan Pro 9.0
- When prompted, choose to save this file to the Desktop of your computer.
- Once the file has downloaded, open the folder where it was saved.
- Right click on the file (mppenu9-sampleplans.exe or mppeng9-sampleplans.exe) and choose Run as Administrator to install the good sample plan list.
- Launch your Palo Alto Software program and choose to open the Sample Plan Browser.
- If the problem persists, you'll need to manually delete the sample plan list file so that it can be re-downloaded:
Set Windows to show the files:
- Open the My Computer icon for the computer
- Click on the Tools drop down menu and choose Folder Options
- Click the View tab
- Under "Hidden files and folders" change the setting to "Show hidden files and folders"
- Un-check the box labeled "Hide extensions for known file types"
- Un-check the box labeled "Hide protected operating system files"
- Click Apply and OK
Search the hard drive for the sample plan list:
- Close your software if it is still open.
- Right click on the Local Disk (C:) for the computer and choose Search.
- Type in the file name of "sampleplans.xml" and press enter or click Search Now (Make sure to include the quotation marks).
Note: Windows Vista users can just select the Local Disk and use the Search field at the top of the window.
Once the search is completed, delete any copies of the sampleplans.xml file that are found on the computer (right click and choose Delete). Once you've deleted any copies of the sampleplans.xml file, launch your program and open the Sample Plan Browser so that it can download a fresh copy of the sampleplans.xml file.