When installing Business Plan Pro, Sales & Marketing Pro or Marketing Plan Pro 11.0 powered by Duct Tape Marketing, you may encounter an error message indicating a problem verifying your serial number.
In most cases, there is not an issue with the serial number at all and this message just indicates a problem with the .NET Framework on this computer.
Using Windows 8?
The .NET Framework is built into Windows 8 so you can't remove or re-install it. Follow the steps in this article from our Help Center instead.
Remove the current .NET installation files
- Click the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
- This list is alphabetized; scroll down to the Microsoft area.
- Select anything that starts with Microsoft .NET
- Click the Remove (or Change/Remove) button and follow the steps to remove that component.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all Microsoft .NET installations are removed from the computer.
- Close the Add/Remove Programs utility and Restart the computer.
Having problems with this step?
If you encounter an error when trying to remove the .NET components with the Add/Remove programs utility, take the following steps instead (more information):
- Click the following link to download the .NET Clean-up Utility:
- When prompted, choose to Save this file to the Desktop of the computer.
- Once the download has completed, close any open programs and run thecleanup_tool.exe
- Accept the license agreement and then choose to clean up .NET Framework - All Versions
- Click the Cleanup Now button
- Once the Cleanup is complete, close the utility and then install the latest .NET Framework (see below)
Download the latest .NET Update from Microsoft.com
- Go to Microsoft's site at: http://www.microsoft.com/net
- Windows XP, Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows Server 2003 - At least .NET 2.0
- Windows Vista - At least .NET 3.5
- Windows 7 - At least .NET 4.0