When trying to open or view a sample plan, you may encounter an error that states something similar to the following:
The file does not begin with %PDF
This error indicates that the Sample Plan Browser is encountering difficulties downloading files through your network firewall or proxy server.
For these situations, another alternative exists for users of the latest version of our software. All of the Sample Plans which are available for the versions of our software are available via a single download from our website.
If you installed the software from a CD-ROM, you can install the sample plans from a file located on the CD. This will allow the Sample Plan Browser to open the files without having to access the Internet. To install the sample plans from the CD, take the following steps for your software:
- Close any open programs on the system.
- Insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- When the Installer screen opens, follow the directions below for your version:
Business Plan Pro v12: Click the Install sample plans link on the right
Marketing Plan Pro 9.0:
- Click the CONTACT US button on the left
- Then the Support Tools button on the right of the screen
- Then click SAMPLE PLANS
- The installer will walk you through the steps of installing the sample plans onto your hard drive.
- Once the installation has completed, launch your program and choose to open the Sample Plan Browser.
The browser will now open the sample plan files from the hard drive of your computer.