When installing Business Plan Pro version 12 in Windows 8, you may encounter a message saying that the .NET Framework is missing and needs to be installed.
One thing that is different about Windows 7 and Windows 8 is the way you can turn on or off the .NET Framework, it should be enabled by default but it's entirely possible that .NET is just disabled on your computer. Take these steps to check this:
- Click the Settings option in the Windows 8 menu
- Click the Control Panel icon in Settings
- Click on the Programs applet in the Control Panel
- Click the link to "Turn Windows features on or off"
- If the .NET Framework 3.5 option is checked, uncheck it then click OK then go back and check it again (this should attempt to "reset" the .NET 3.5 install)
- If the .NET Framework 3.5 option is unchecked, check it then click OK
- Close the Control Panel
- Try running the installer for Business Plan Pro again
The .NET Framework is build into the Windows 8 operating system. To my knowledge, there's no way to uninstall or remove it you can only turn it on or off. You can run the .NET Clean up utility in Windows 8 and it will try to reset any bad settings for the .NET Framework but it won't actually remove the .NET Framework or any part of the framework in any way.