When installing Business Plan Pro, Sales & Marketing Pro or Marketing Plan Pro 11.0 powered by Duct Tape Marketing, you may encounter an error message indicating a problem verifying your serial number.
In most cases, there is not an issue with the serial number at all and this message just indicates a problem with the .NET Framework on this computer. Taking the following steps will resolve this error:
Remove the current .NET installation files
- Click the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
- This list is alphabetized; scroll down to the Microsoft area.
- Select anything that starts with Microsoft .NET
- Click the Remove (or Change/Remove) button and follow the steps to remove that component.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all Microsoft .NET installations are removed from the computer.
- Close the Add/Remove Programs utility and Restart the computer.
Download the latest .NET Update from Microsoft.com
- Go to Microsoft's site:
Install your Palo Alto Software
Once the .NET update has been installed, run the installer for the software (bppenu12.exe, or bppeng12.exe or smpenu11.exe or dtmenu11.exe) again to install your software.