When installing Business Plan Pro, Sales & Marketing Pro or Marketing Plan Pro 11.0 powered by Duct Tape Marketing, you may encounter an error message indicating a problem verifying your serial number.
In most cases, there is not an issue with the serial number at all and this message just indicates a problem with the .NET Framework on this computer. Taking the following steps will resolve this error:
Remove the current .NET installation files
- Click the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
- This list is alphabetized; scroll down to the Microsoft area.
- Select anything that starts with Microsoft .NET
- Click the Remove (or Change/Remove) button and follow the steps to remove that component.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all Microsoft .NET installations are removed from the computer.
- Close the Add/Remove Programs utility and Restart the computer.
Download the latest .NET Update from Microsoft.com
- Go to Microsoft's site:
Install your Palo Alto Software
Once the .NET update has been installed, run the installer for the software (bppenu12.exe, or bppeng12.exe or smpenu11.exe or dtmenu11.exe) again to install your software.
Article is closed for comments.