In LivePlan, a Company is a container that holds all of these documents and tools:
You can make a copy of any company you've already created. It's a simple way to replicate Pitch, Plan, or forecast content that you want to keep, and then add edits to it. Copying a company also comes in handy if you want to quickly forecast different scenarios with different start dates for the same business.
Note: You can also use the multiple forecasts feature to create several different forecast scenarios within a single company. When you use that feature, all the forecasts must have the same start date.
Finally, you can create a copy of a company to use as a template for future companies. Simply create a “template” company, and then just make a copy of it each time you create a new company.
To copy a company:
- Click on the Companies menu (which will display the name of your current active company).
- Choose View all companies:
- Under the desired company, click Copy:
- In the dialog that appears, give the copy a new name:
- When you’re finished, click Make a Copy. The copy will be placed in your active companies list, unless you have reached your active company limit. If you have, then the copy will be stored as an archived company. If you need to make the copy active, you can archive the current active company, and then restore the copy.