Looking for information on Outpost? Please click here.
You can create a connection between Email Center Pro and your existing mail server to send all outbound email messages through your own servers. The reasons for doing this are described in: SMTP Servers: What are they, why use them and how do I set them up?
This article will give you detailed instructions on how to create an SMTP configuration and how to edit them.
To create a new connection, you need to take the following steps (The information required can be retrieved from your Email Administrator, IT Administrator, or Email Service Provider):
- Log into Email Center Pro (ECP) as any user with administrative privileges
- Click the Accounts & Tools link in the upper right hand corner of ECP
- Create your Custom SMTP configurations:
- Click to the Tools Panel and click the Custom SMTP link
- Add your Custom SMTP server configuration settings
- Then click the Test button and watch for the verification message in the upper right corner:
- Add your custom SMTP server configurations to the desired mailbox:
- Click the Mailboxes tab
- Select the desired mailbox
- Scroll down to the SMTP Servers selector
- Switch from "Default: Email Center Pro" to your custom configuration
- Click the Save button