It's possible that you may need to enter grant funding into your forecast. Whether you have a nonprofit or a for-profit company, a grant is always represented in the forecast as revenue. The timing of that revenue is dictated by the language of your grant. We recommend reading it carefully and following its timing rules, or consulting with your financial advisor.
Entering a grant
- In the Forecast tab, on the revenue page, click Add Revenue Stream.
- Give the stream a title that identifies it as a grant:
- Select the Revenue Only model:
- Choose Varying amounts over time, so that you can enter the whole amount in the month in which you'll receive it (or, if you'll receive payments, you can enter those instead):
- Click Save & Close to save the changes.