LivePlan can create two different forms of business plan document: the Pitch, and the Plan. You can access these by clicking on the tabs in the top menu bar of your screen:
Each one can be useful for different situations, so you can choose which form best meets your needs. You may even choose to complete both documents, but many business owners will only need one of the two.
The table below explains how the Pitch and the Plan are different:
|Useful for:||• Presenting a business idea to investors
• Clarifying your business vision
• Sharing a condensed picture of your business
|• Presenting a more detailed picture of your business to a bank or investor
• Working out the deeper details of your business vision
|Can be published as:||Web page or PowerPoint presentation||PDF document or Word document|
|Are there character limits to the text you enter?||Yes||No|
|Are there limits to the amount of data you can enter?||Yes||No|
|Can the theme be customized through LivePlan?||No||Yes, for PDF download|
|Can the layout be customized?||Some sections can be hidden||Any section can be added, removed, and moved|
Frequently asked questions:
- Which form should I start with - the Pitch or the Plan? You can choose whichever document best meets your needs. Some users like to start with the Pitch to help them gather their thoughts, and then proceed to the more-detailed Plan document. Others prefer to start with the Plan, and complete the Pitch later when they need presentation materials.
- When I enter information into my Pitch, does it also appear in my Plan? Since the two documents are separate, any information you write for the Pitch will not appear in the Plan, nor vice versa. The one exception is your forecast data - the numbers you enter in the Forecast tab will appear in both the Pitch and the Plan.
- Can I combine my Pitch and Plan to present as one document? The Pitch and the Plan contain much the same information, so it isn't necessary to combine them. However, if you needed to give a PowerPoint presentation and a printed copy of your plan to an investor, you could complete both documents.
- Why can't I print out my Pitch? The Pitch is designed to be shared as either a secret web page or as a PowerPoint presentation. It's possible, however, to print a copy from your web browser. Read Tips for printing your pitch.