Note: The mapping interface is only accessible if you are connected to an accounting solution. Also, it's important to know that owners and any contributors who have access to the Scoreboard can make changes to mappings.
The mapping interface lets you associate your Xero accounts with the appropriate corresponding accounts in LivePlan. If you use Xero, this is a quick way to keep your actuals updated in the Scoreboard.
This video gives you some helpful tips for mapping, and you'll find detailed instructions below it:
Mapping Xero accounts
- Make sure that LivePlan is successfully connected to Xero.
- If you aren’t already on the mapping view, click the Mapping option on the Scoreboard navigation:
- On the mapping view, click the side tab for the account category you want to map:
- Your Xero accounts will be listed under the Map this Xero account column.
- Click the Choose a destination link next to the account you want to map.
- From the list box that appears, select the LivePlan account that you want to map to this Xero account:
- Your selection will be applied immediately.
To change a mapping:
- Click dropdown next to the account whose mapping you want to edit.
- Make a new selection from the list. Your change will be applied immediately.
Notification of unmapped accounts
If you've already mapped your accounts, and then you add a new account to your Xero organization, when you update the data in LivePlan, the Scoreboard overview will notify you that you have unmapped accounts:
Note: LivePlan will also notify you with this banner if you started the mapping process but didn't complete it.
There are two options to choose from here:
- If you want to review the accounts that are unmapped, click review and map them now.
- If you want to set all of the unmapped accounts to Ignore, click ignore all currently unmapped accounts.
When you go to the mapping interface to review your unmapped accounts, another banner will appear. Here you have another opportunity to set all of your unmapped accounts to Ignore:
The side tab for each category containing unmapped accounts will show a red asterisk next to it:
Once you map any unmapped accounts to the appropriate LivePlan data, the banner will be dismissed and the side tabs will return to normal.
Adding revenue streams, direct costs, or expenses during mapping
While you are mapping your accounts, you may discover that a revenue stream or expense exists in your Xero chart of accounts that doesn't exist in your LivePlan forecast yet. This is no problem. You can add the revenue stream or expense from the mapping interface, which will allow you to complete the mapping process. However, don't forget that you will need to go back into your financials later and forecast the details for that added revenue stream or expense.
To add a revenue stream, direct costs, or expense from the mapping view:
- Next to the Xero account that you want to map to the new revenue stream or expense, click the Choose a destination link.
- From the list box, choose Add new revenue stream (or Add new expense, if you are on the Expenses tab):
- In the overlay that appears, enter a name for the new revenue stream or expense:
- Click Add.
- Click on the dropdown, and select the revenue stream or expense you just added to map it to the desired Xero account.
- Remember to go back into your forecast or budget to enter the required details for the newly added revenue stream or expense.