The LivePlan Schedule tab helps you turn your plans into focused action by allowing you to break out concrete milestones along the road to opening your company, and set due dates. The video below shows you how this feature works, and you'll find more specific instructions below:
Adding a milestone
You can add new milestones from three places within LivePlan — in the Pitch, on the Schedule tab, or in the Execution section of your plan. From any of these locations, the process for adding milestones is essentially the same. Any milestones you add will show up in the Milestones Table in your printed plan document:
They will also be displayed on the Schedule tab:
To add a milestone:
- On the Schedule tab, click Add a Milestone:
- In the overlay that appears, enter a name for the milestone:
- Enter a due date for the milestone by either typing it in or using the date picker:
- Optionally, indicate who is responsible for completing the milestone:
- Add any further details, as desired (also optional).
- Click OK.
Note: Any optional details you add in this overlay are not displayed in the milestone schedule, but they will be included in the milestones table in your plan document.
Editing a milestone
If a milestone date changes, or you need to revise the other details of the milestone (i.e., who is responsible), you can easily go back in and edit the information in LivePlan.
To edit a milestone:
- If you are on the Plan tab, navigate to the Execution section, and click EDIT on the right-hand side of the milestones table:
- Next to the milestone you want to change, click Edit:
- In the overlay that appears, make the desired changes to the milestone information.
- Click OK.
Deleting a milestone
You can delete a milestone if you want to permanently remove it from your schedule in LivePlan.
To permanently delete a milestone:
- Locate the desired milestone, and click Delete:
- In the overlay that appears, click Confirm.