The LivePlan Schedule tab helps you turn your plans into focused action by allowing you to break out concrete milestones, with due dates, along the road to opening your company. To see the Schedule tab in action, see our Getting Started Videos page.
Adding a milestone
You can add new milestones from three places within LivePlan — in the Pitch, on the Schedule tab, or in the Execution section of the Plan tab. From any of these locations, the process for adding milestones is essentially the same. Any milestones you add will show up in the Milestones Table in your downloaded plan document:
They will also be displayed on the Schedule tab:
To add a milestone:
- On the Schedule tab, click Add a Milestone:
- In the overlay that appears, enter a name for the milestone:
- Enter a due date for the milestone by either typing it in or using the date picker:
- Optionally, indicate who is responsible for completing the milestone:
- Add any further details, as desired (also optional).
- If you'd like an email reminder before this milestone is due, click the check box. Then click OK to save the milestone.
Note: Any optional details you add in this overlay are not displayed in the milestone schedule, but they will be included in the milestones table in your plan document.
Editing a milestone
If a milestone date changes, or you need to revise the other details of the milestone (i.e., who is responsible), you can easily go back in and edit the information.
To edit a milestone:
- Click the Schedule tab. A table of milestones you've entered will display in this tab. Click the Edit link next to the milestone you'd like to update:
- Update any fields you like, and click OK to save the changes:
Deleting a milestone
You can delete a milestone if you want to permanently remove it from your schedule in LivePlan.
To permanently delete a milestone:
- Click the Schedule tab. A table of milestones you've already entered will appear. Click the Delete link next to the one you'd like to remove:
- In the overlay that appears, click Confirm.