The revenue-only stream is good for any situation, including revenue you have forecast in detail elsewhere or that doesn't fit the other revenue stream options here. For example, if you have already prepared a detailed revenue forecast in an Excel spreadsheet, you can enter just the revenue totals into LivePlan so that those details appear in your business plan.
Adding a revenue-only stream to your forecast
- Click the Forecast tab, then click the Add Revenue Stream button:
- Enter a name for this revenue stream, then click Next:
- For the type, select Revenue only. Click Next:
- Enter the amount you'll make from this stream. This can either be a constant amount each month, or varying amounts over time:
- Indicate when the revenue stream will start. Then click Save & Close:
Editing or deleting a revenue stream
To edit an existing revenue stream:
Click on its name in the Revenue table:
The edit overlay will appear. You can click on any of the steps across the top that you wish to edit. Make your desired changes, and click Save & Close. For more details, see How do I edit or delete forecast entries?
To delete a revenue stream:
Click on the revenue stream's name in the Revenue table:
Locate the trash can icon in the lower left corner of the overlay. Hover over it, and click Delete:
Where does this entry appear in the financial statements?
Your revenue streams will be used to calculate the highlighted lines the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow table shown below: