The revenue-only stream is suitable for any situation, including revenue you have forecast in detail elsewhere or that doesn't fit the other revenue stream options here. For example, suppose you have already prepared a detailed revenue forecast in an Excel spreadsheet. In that case, you can enter just the revenue totals into LivePlan so that those details appear in your business plan.
Adding a revenue-only stream to your forecast
- Click the Forecast tab, then click the Add Revenue Stream button:
- Enter a name for this revenue stream, then click Type:
- For the type, select Revenue only, then click Revenue:
- Select how you want to enter the revenue. This can either be a constant amount each month or varying amounts over time:
Note: If you have numbers from a spreadsheet, select the Varying amounts over time option, and then you can easily copy and paste from your spreadsheet.
Constant amount: Indicate the amount of revenue and when the revenue stream will start. Then click Create & Exit:
- Constant amount: Indicate the amount of revenue and when the revenue stream will start. Then click Create & Exit:
Editing or deleting a revenue stream
To edit an existing revenue stream:
Click on its name in the Revenue table:
The edit overlay will appear. You can click on any of the steps across the top that you wish to edit. Make your desired changes, and click Save & Exit. For more details, see How do I edit or delete forecast entries?
To delete a revenue stream:
Three dots will appear when the cursor is moved over a revenue stream. Click on the dots, then select Delete:
Where does this entry appear in the financial statements?
Your revenue streams will be used to calculate the highlighted lines in the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow table shown below: