In this article:
Note: The mapping interface is only accessible if you are connected to an accounting solution. Also, it's important to know that the account owner and any contributors who have access to the Dashboard can make changes to the account mapping.
Mapping is the process of associating your QuickBooks chart of accounts with the corresponding forecast categories in LivePlan. Once these two sets of data have been mapped together, you'll be able to see a side-by-side comparison in the Dashboard.
Note: If you have started your LivePlan company through the Dashboard, then your initial mapping was automated. You can adjust it by reading Adjusting the mapping between QuickBooks Online and LivePlan.
Mapping QuickBooks Online accounts
- Make sure you are successfully connected to QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the mapping link, located near the top-right of the LivePlan window:
- On the mapping view, the account categories for mapping are listed in the sidebar of the page. Click the one you'd like to map first:
- Your QuickBooks Online chart of accounts will be listed in the left-hand column under the Map this QuickBooks account.
- In the right-hand column, click the Choose a destination link next to the account you want to map:
- From the dropdown menu that appears, select the LivePlan forecast category that you want to map to this QuickBooks account:
- Your selection will be applied immediately.
To change a mapping:
- Click list box next to the account whose mapping you want to edit:
- Make a new selection from the list box. Your change will be applied immediately.
Notification of unmapped accounts
If you've already mapped your accounts, and then you add a new account to your QuickBooks company file, LivePlan will notify you with a banner that you have unmapped accounts:
Note: LivePlan will also notify you with this banner if you started the mapping process but didn't complete it.
There are two options to choose from here:
- If you want to review the accounts that are unmapped, click review and map them now.
- If you want to set all of the unmapped accounts to Ignore, click ignore all currently unmapped accounts.
When you go to the mapping interface to review your unmapped accounts, you will see all unmapped accounts displaying in red. Map these to an account, or to Ignore:
Once you map any unmapped accounts to the appropriate LivePlan data, the banner will be dismissed and the sidebar will return to normal.
Adding revenue streams, expenses, or direct costs during mapping
While you are mapping your accounts, you may discover that a revenue stream, expense, or cost in your QuickBooks accounts doesn't exist in your forecast yet. This is no problem. You can add the revenue stream or expense from the mapping screen instead. Don't forget that you'll need to go back into your Forecast tab later and enter the data for that added added revenue stream or expense.
To add a revenue stream, direct cost, or expense during mapping:
- Next to the QuickBooks account that you want to map to the new revenue stream or expense, click Choose a destination:
- From the list box, choose Add new revenue stream... (or expense, if you are in the Expenses section):
- In the overlay that appears, enter a name for the new revenue stream or expense:
- Click Add.
- The newly-added revenue stream or expense will be automatically mapped to the Quickbooks account.
- Remember to go back into your Forecast tab to enter the data for this revenue stream or expense.
Article is closed for comments.