Note: The mapping interface is only accessible if you are connected to an accounting solution. Also, all users with access to the Scoreboard can make changes to the account mappings using this interface.
The mapping interface lets you associate your QuickBooks accounts with the appropriate corresponding accounts in LivePlan. If you use QuickBooks, this is a quick way to keep your actuals updated in the Scoreboard.
Mapping QuickBooks accounts
- Make sure you are successfully connected to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the Mapping option on the Scoreboard navigation:
- On the mapping view, click the side tab for the account category you want to map:
- Your QuickBooks accounts will be listed under the Map this QuickBooks account column. The parent/child relationships of your accounts are illustrated with appropriate levels of indentation. Click the Choose a destination link next to the account you want to map:
- From the list box that appears, select the LivePlan account that you want to map to this QuickBooks account.
Note: When you map a parent account in QuickBooks to a LivePlan category, all of the children under it will automatically be mapped to the same category. If you wish them to be mapped differently, you can always go back and edit the mapping of individual child accounts.
- Your selection will be applied immediately.
To change a mapping:
- Click list box next to the account whose mapping you want to edit:
- Make a new selection from the list box. Your change will be applied immediately.
Notification of unmapped accounts
If you've already mapped your accounts, and then you add a new account to your QuickBooks company file, LivePlan will notify you with a banner that you have unmapped accounts:
There are two options to choose from here:
- If you want to review the accounts that are unmapped, click review and map them now.
- If you want to set all of the unmapped accounts to Ignore, click ignore all currently unmapped accounts.
When you go to the mapping interface to review your unmapped accounts, another banner will appear. Here you have another opportunity to set all of your unmapped accounts to Ignore:
The side tab for each category containing unmapped accounts will show a red asterisk next to it.
Once you map the new account to the appropriate LivePlan data, the banner will be dismissed and the side tab will return to normal.
Adding revenue streams, expenses, or direct costs during mapping
While you are mapping your accounts, you may discover that a revenue stream, expense, or cost that exists in your QuickBooks accounts that doesn't exist in your forecast yet. This is no problem. You can add these items from the mapping interface, which will allow you to complete the mapping process. However, don't forget that you will need to go back into your financials later and forecast the details for the added items.
To add a product/expense during mapping:
- Next to the QuickBooks account that you want to map to the new revenue stream or expense, click the Choose a destination link.
- From the list box, choose Add new revenue stream... (or expense, if relevant):
- In the Add... overlay that appears, enter a name for the new product/expense.
- Click Add.
- The newly added revenue stream or expense will be automatically mapped to the desired QuickBooks account.
- Remember to go back into your revenue forecast or budget to enter the required details for the newly added revenue stream or expense.