If you're uploading images to your business plan and you want to download the plan as a document rather than share it online, we recommend using the image placement guidelines below for the best results.
General recommendations for image placement
If your images are not appearing as you would like them to in your plan, try one or more of these tips:
- Make sure images are less than 5MB in size each and are in PNG or JPG format.
- Place only one image per row in your text topics.
- Center images whenever possible.
- Add text, or extra line breaks, above and below the image, especially if an image is placed at the end of a text topic.
- Export the plan to Word, where you can infinitely adjust the image sizing and alignment settings. From Word, you can then save a PDF.
Troubleshooting tips for image placement
Images are rotated when exported
Image files contain information, referred to as metadata, which provides applications with details regarding their dimensions and orientation. Your web browser can automatically change this orientation to provide you with a correct display of the image on your browser, but these corrections are lost when you try to export the file to a document.
To resolve this, you can try one of two options:
- Open the original image in an image editing program, rotate the image correctly, and then save the file as a new filename. Re-add that image to your plan, and export your plan as a PDF or Microsoft Word document. The image should now export with the correct orientation.
- If you have a screenshot application, you can take a screenshot of that image only and then import that new image into your plan or pitch. You should see the image in the correct orientation after re-adding.
Images are printing next to headings
You might see this behavior if the image is the only content in your text topic and it is right or left-aligned. To avoid this, try entering the image and including text before and after it. It might also help to have extra line breaks before or after the image, especially if the image is placed at the bottom of the text topic.
Multiple images placed in a row overlap when printed
We recommend placing no more than one image in a row to avoid this.
Images are falling off the bottom or side of the page or overlapping with the footer
This depends greatly on the size and placement of your image. We recommend that you place no more than one image per row. If your images are oddly positioned, try reducing the sizes of your images, centering them, and placing text above and below them when possible.
Bullet list overlaps with images
This typically only happens if your image is left aligned. To remedy the situation, try centering or right-aligning the image.
Recommendations for logo sizing
The published image size for the cover page logo is 578x578 pixels and for the pitch is 300x300 pixels. Your logo image may be cropped in the thumbnails for display, but it will be published at these actual sizes in the plan and pitch.
If you have a logo image that is not square, the image will be scaled to fit into these dimensions, with white space added to fill the square shape. If you are running into issues with scaling, you might have better results if you resize the image to be closer to these dimensions before uploading it to LivePlan.
If your image is strongly horizontal or vertical in format, you can also export your plan to Word and add the logo to the cover page from within Word, where it won't be locked to a square format.