Adding an image
You may want to add your company logo, product photos, or other images to your plan. Your plan file can hold up to 100 images.
Generally speaking, if you plan to download your plan as a document instead of sharing it online, then it's wise to keep your images centered, one per line, with text above and below wherever possible. Plans containing many images may experience some formatting issues. For help, read Troubleshooting image placement and size.
- Images selected for upload must be in PNG or JPG format. That is, the file you select for uploadshould end in a .png, .jpg, or .jpeg extension. Other image formats (such as .gif, .tiff, and .eps) are not currently supported.
- Image files can be up to 5MB in size. Larger files will be need to be resized with an image editing tool to fit under that size restriction.
To add an image to your plan:
- In the View & Edit page of the Plan tab, click the EDIT button next to the text topic where you want the image to appear.
- In the text editor, place the cursor where you want to insert the image.
- Click the Add an image button in the toolbar:
- A dialog box will appear. Select the image from the location where it is stored on your computer.
- When the image is done uploading, click on it to adjust the size and alignment:
- Choose whether you want to align the image to the left, center, or right of any accompanying text:
- Choose how big you want the image to appear in your plan. The options are small, medium, or large:
Note: If the original size of an image is too small, the medium and large size options may not be available to you. LivePlan will not enlarge small images if it means that they will be low quality (pixelated or blurry) in the printed plan.
- Click I'm Done. You can adjust the alignment and size again as needed by clicking directly on the image and using the toolbar:
Removing an image
- In the View & Edit page of the Plan tab, navigate to the text topic that contains the image you want to remove. Click the EDIT button to open the text editor, and then and click on the image in the text editor.
- Click on the trash can icon that appears in the toolbar:
- The image will be immediately removed.