Adding an image
It's easy to dress up your plan with your company logo, product photos, or other images. When you select an image to add to your plan, a copy will be uploaded to our servers for easy access throughout the app. The uploaded file is stored in the image gallery, so you can easily add the same image to other sections of your plan without having to upload it again.
The gallery can hold up to 100 images for a specific plan. If you need to add more images in a particular plan, contact us to increase your limit. You can adjust the size, alignment, and location of any image. Images will look essentially the same in your final printed plan as they do in the text editor. With that said, plans containing many images may experience some formatting issues. For help, read Troubleshooting image placement and size.
- Images selected for upload must be in PNG or JPG format. That is, the file you select for upload should end in a .png, .jpg, or .jpeg extension. Other image formats (such as .gif, .tiff, and .eps) are not currently supported.
- Image files can be up to 5MB in size. Larger files will be need to be resized with an image editing tool to fit under that size restriction.
To add an image to your plan:
- In the plan outline, open the text item where you want the image to appear.
- In the text editor, place the cursor where you want to insert the image.
- Click the Add an image button in the toolbar:
- A dialog box will appear. Select the image from the location where it is stored on your computer.
- When the image is done uploading, click on it to adjust the size and alignment:
- Choose whether you want to align the image to the left, center, or right of any accompanying text:
- Choose how big you want the image to appear in your plan. The options are small, medium, large, or original size:
Note: If the original size of an image is too small, the medium and large size options may not be available to you. LivePlan will not enlarge small images if it means that they will be low quality (pixelated or blurry) in the printed plan. Likewise, if an image is too large to begin with, only the small, medium, and large size options may be available, because the original size would not fit well within the printed document.
- Click I'm Done. The image will appear in the text editor just the way it will look in your printed plan. You can adjust the alignment and size again as needed by clicking directly on the image and using the toolbar:
Removing an image
When you remove an image from a text section in LivePlan, it will remain in the image gallery and anywhere else you've inserted the image in your plan.
To remove an individual image from a text item:
- Navigate to the text item that contains the image you want to remove, and click on the image in the text editor.
- Click on the trash can icon in the toolbar that appears:
- The image will be immediately removed.