The Plan tab in LivePlan contains all the text sections of your business plan. These are arranged into a default plan outline, which you can easily customize to suit your needs.
When you write or edit any text topic, you'll see a toolbar with common formatting options, including bold, italic, bulleted lists, numbered lists, and block quotes:
Note: You can also add images to your plan from this toolbar.
Writing a text topic
- To begin writing a text section, click on the Plan tab. This will place you on the View & Edit page.
- The main area of the page then displays the topics within that section. Click Start writing now to begin working on a topic:
- In the text editor, for each section, you'll see a sidebar that contains three sections: the general instructions for writing the section and two examples. To learn more about the examples, read Using the Instructions and Examples.
- To enter your text into the section, type into the editor box. Add formatting, images, or hyperlinks with the formatting toolbar as needed:
- To add a paragraph break hover your mouse to the lower right of your most recent paragraph:
- Click I'm Done to save changes:
Editing a text topic
You can edit the text topics you've created in your plan at any time.
- To begin, navigate to the outline section you want to update. Then click the Edit button to access the text editor again:
- Edit the text in the text editor. You can add or remove text or make a formatting change as shown here:
- Click I'm Done to save the changes. This will overwrite any previous versions.