The Plan tab in LivePlan contains all the text sections of your business plan. Each section of the outline contains instructions and examples to help you formulate your own writing.
The text editor contains a toolbar with common formatting options, including bold, italic, bulleted lists, numbered lists, and block quotes:
Writing a text topic
- To begin writing a text section, click on the Plan tab and navigate to the section you'd like to begin writing:
- The main area of the page the topics within that section. Click Get started on writing this item to begin working on a topic:
- To the left of the text editor for each section is a column containing three sections: the general instructions for writing the section, and two examples. To learn more about the examples, read Using the Instructions and Examples.
- To enter your text into the section, type into the editor box:
- Click I'm Done to save the changes.
Editing a text topic
You can edit the text topics you've created in your plan at any time.
- To begin, navigate to the section of the outline you'd like to update. Then click the Edit button to access the text editor again:
- Edit the text in the text editor. You can add or remove text, or make a formatting change as shown here:
- Click I'm Done to save the changes. This save will overwrite any previous versions.