LivePlan compiles the written and financial data you enter into a professional document, using the overall structure you've set up. This article covers your available options for customizing the formatting of your plan document.
Formatting in the Document options
The Document Options section of LivePlan lets you make a number of formatting changes, including:
- Adding or removing page breaks after each chapter
- Changing the line spacing
- Customizing the page headers and footers
- Adding or removing a Table of Contents
To make these changes, see Changing document options.
Making outline customizations
In the Outline page of LivePlan, you can add, remove, and re-arrange the chapters, sections, and topics in your plan, so it represents your unique business. To learn how, see Customizing your plan outline.
Applying a theme to your plan download
If you need a quick, ready-made theme, you can select one of our 10 visual themes when you download your plan as a PDF or Word document. If fonts are important to you, here's a list of the fonts used in each of our themes.
Making deeper customizations in Word
We recommend exporting your plan as a Word document if you'd like to:
- Customize the font types and sizes in the document
- Re-size images beyond the Small, Medium, and Large options
- Customize the arrangement of images and text
- Re-style the financial tables
You can use one of our readymade design themes, or apply your own theme using Word's theming tools. If you choose this option, leave the default "Springfield" theme applied to your document - as exporting the Springfield theme won't apply any design elements, and you will have a blank canvas to open in Word to customize.