You can update your personal account Preferences at any time. Only you can update your own Preferences - they can't be changed by any other user or administrator.
Preferences are separate from mailbox settings. Preferences relate only to your user account, and affect messages you send from any mailbox assigned to you. Mailbox settings, on the other hand, apply to a specific mailbox and any messages any user sends from that mailbox. For more details, see Editing a mailbox.
- In the upper right corner of the window, click the Settings icon:
- You'll be placed on your Preferences page, where you'll see several settings. First, you can update your account name and the email address used for password recovery and notifications:
Note: Your account username cannot be changed.
- Click the Change password link to update your account password:
- Use the drop-down menu to change the default mailbox for your account:
Note: This menu will only show mailboxes currently assigned to you. For more details, see Changing the users who have access to a mailbox.
- Outpost uses your initials to create a default profile image for your account. If you'd like to use a photo instead, click the Change your gravatar link:
Note: Gravatar is a third-party tool that applies a single user profile across all Gravatar-enabled websites. This link will take you outside of Outpost to update your profile image. Changes made in Gravatar may take a short time to update in Outpost.
- In the Signature section, enter your personal email signature. Your personal signature will appear in messages above the default mailbox signature. For more details, see Adding or editing default signatures:
- In Email preferences section, click the box to archive conversations after sending a message:
- Click Save Changes: