As the number of conversations in your Outpost account grows, you may find it helpful to create some groupings to help you track specific themes. You can search for a keyword or phrase, and then save that search to refer to later on. New conversations that apply to a saved search will automatically appear within that search.
Note: Owners, Administrators and Users can create saved searches. The searches you save can only be seen by you, unless you share them.
Saved searches can take many forms, so you may want to experiment with approaches to see what works best for you. Here are some sample saved searches, for inspiration:
- Searches pertaining to a particular product or service you offer
- Searches pertaining to an upcoming company event
- Searches pertaining to specific actions that happen regularly in your business, such as cancellations or returns
- Searches pertaining to specific kinds of customer feedback
- Searches pertaining to a specific customer who needs special attention
Creating a saved search
- Type a search query into the search box at the top of the Outpost window, and either click the magnifying class icon or type <enter> on your keyboard:
- This will place you on the Search page and display all conversations related to that search query. Click the Save Search button to save this search:
- You'll be prompted to add a title for this saved search. Then, either check or uncheck the Share with team box, and click Save:
Note: for more on sharing searches, see Sharing saved searches.
- In the sidebar of the Search page, you'll now see this search in the pull-down menu of your saved searches. You can select any saved search from this menu any time:
Note: to return to the Search page from your Inbox, just click the magnifying glass icon as shown above.
Editing a saved search
You can change the title and sharing status of a saved search at any time. The original search query remains the same. If you need to change the query, we recommend creating a new search and saving that.
Note: Any user can edit a search they have created. Administrators and Owners can edit any shared search, no matter who created it.
- In the Search page, select the saved search you'd like to edit:
- At the top of the list of search results, click the pencil icon to edit this search:
- From here, update the title, or check (or uncheck) the Share with team box. Click Save:
Deleting a saved search
Any user can delete a search they have created. Administrators and Owners can delete any shared search, no matter who created it.
- In the Search page, select the saved search you'd like to delete:
- At the top of the list of search results, click the trash can icon to delete the saved search:
- Click the link to either Delete search or Cancel:
Note: when you delete a saved search, no conversations are deleted.
Favoriting a saved search
As you accumulate saved searches in your account, you may want to highlight a few of them from time to time to help you locate them more easily. In this case, you can mark a saved search as Favorite.
- In the Search page, select the saved search you'd like to favorite:
- At the top of the list of search results, click the Favorite icon:
- The search can now be accessed from the My Favorites list in the sidebar of the Search page:
More on searches: