Looking for information on Outpost? Please click here.
When designing Email Center Pro (ECP) apps for telephones wasn't a market we chose to pursue, there weren't many apps available and they weren't in demand at the time. As a consequence, the "framework" for ECP wouldn't make this easy to do now.
However, you can use ECP in a browser on your phone and you can set up alerts in your account to get "push notifications" to simulate the function of having a mobile app for your phone. Here's how:
First, set up Alerts
ECP will let you configure alerts for a wide variety of situations and send those alerts via SMS to your cell phone. You can even set up alerts on Saved Searches, so you can have a very customized set of criterion set to alert you.
- Locate the login links at the top of the screen (Logged in as...)
- Click Account & Tools
- Click the Alerts tab
- Click the Add Alert button
- Use the drop-down arrows in the Alert criteria to set Alertparameters
- Alert frequency: choose hourly or daily (once per day)
- Timeframe: choose time of day and days of the week for your alerts
- Mail type: choose all mail, just mail assigned to you, or just unread mail
- Mail location: choose a specific mailbox or saved search
- Click Add Alert again to add another Alert, if needed
- Click the Save button when done
|TIP: Not specific enough?|
|If you want to be alerted on very specific criteria, you can create a Saved Search, and select the Saved Search by name in the final Alert criteria box (saved searches appear below the list of Mailboxes).|
Next, set up an ECP Shortcut
Once you have alerts coming to your phone, you need a quick way to access the account. For this, you'll want to create a shortcut on the "Home" screen of your phone to your ECP login page. To illustrate this easier, we've created a short video, but here are the basic steps:
- Open your mobile browser (we recommend Google Chrome) and navigate to your ECP Login page
- Log into your ECP account using your user name and password. If prompted, make sure to let your browser store your login information.
- Now, click on the options or configuration button for your browser and choose "Add to Home Screen". This will create a shortcut on the Home screen for you to use when you receive an alert.