You can add another mailbox to your Outpost account any time. Each mailbox must have a unique email address attached to it. So, for example, let's say you need to have separate mailboxes for:
- Customer Service
- Vendor Communications
You will need to have three different Gmail addresses established in order to create these mailboxes. For more on creating multiple Gmail addresses, see this link.
Adding a mailbox
- In the bottom of the left sidebar, click the Settings icon:
- On the Settings page, click Mailboxes, and then click the Add mailbox button:
- Enter the mailbox name and "Send Mail As" name. If you like, you can also create a default signature for replies sent from this mailbox:
Note: to fill in the Send Mail As field, think about the name you'd like your customers to see when they receive emails from you - such as your company name, or a department name.
Note: If a user also creates a custom signature, then any messages they send from this mailbox will display their personal signature above the mailbox signature. For more details, see Adding or editing default signatures.
- Select which users will have access to this mailbox. You can Select none, Select all, or choose individuals from the list of users:
- Click Connect Mailbox:
- From here, you'll be connected to Gmail and presented with a list of your existing email addresses. Select the one you want to have connected to your first Outpost mailbox:
- You'll then be prompted to verify your request for the connection between Outpost and this Gmail address: