Outpost has three levels of user:
- Owner: The person being billed for the Outpost account. Owners have the same access as Administrators and Users. The Owner's permissions can't be changed.
- Administrator: Administrators have the ability to add and remove users and mailboxes, as well as all the functionality Users have.
- User: Users can reply to, forward, and manage conversations in the mailboxes assigned to them. They can also add Notes to conversations, create and modify templates, save searches, and permanently delete conversations.
Adding a User or Administrator
- In the bottom of the left sidebar, click the Settings icon:
- On the Settings page, click Users:
- Click the Add User button:
- Enter the user's email address, and click the button for their permission level:
- Choose the mailboxes this user can access:
- Select the mailbox that will display in the user's Outpost account as a default. Click Preview Invitation:
- Compose a message to the user (optional), and click Send Invitation:
- The user will receive an email at the email address you entered in their user invitation. Once they click the link in this email and enter their login credentials, the user account will be complete.
Note: if the invitation is not accepted within 7 days, it will expire and must be re-sent. If that re-send doesn't happen within 7 more days, the invitation will be automatically deleted from your account.